The garden of this Grade 1 listed property had fallen into disrepair, the garden walls, terraces, and steps had crumbled and virtually disappeared. The garden required sensitive restoration in line with the planning and listed building consents. Having secured permission from the relevant authorities and under the watchful eye of the archaeological brief, the terrace walls were rebuilt, the impressive pennant stone steps and terrace re-laid, ironwork restored and the boundary walls re-pointed. The new planting scheme introduces specimens with strong form and impact; neatly clipped topiary, vertical forms of Thuja and a pair cloud pruned Chinese Dogwoods lend an exotic air whilst the underplanting in silver and blues soften the scheme. The garden now reflects the spatial arrangement of the 1887 plan with all the facilities of a modern garden including automated sliding gates, an automatic irrigation scheme, a discreet lighting scheme, and established planting.